Super Simple Succotash
I have made this recipe a number of times now and my husband can and does eat the whole pan by himself (not in one sitting though). I have also shared this recipe with a friend and she also loves it. I'm sure you will enjoy this recipe.
- 4 thick slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved or grape tomatoes halved
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 5 ears corn, shucked and kernels cut off (about 5 cups) (i use frozen corn, 4 cups thawed)
- 2 cups of canned lima beans, rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper ( use table salt and ground pepper)
How to Make Super Simple Succotash
- 1Place a large skillet over medium high heat,
- 2Add the bacon and cook until the fat has rendered and bacon has crisped, about 10 minutes.
- 3Add the tomatoes, garlic and onions and cook until the onions are translucent (softened a bit), about 5 minutes.
- 4Add the corn and cook for another 2 minutes.
- 5Add the lima beans and then remove the pan from the heat.
- 6Stir in the basil and red wine vinegar, season with salt and pepper. Serve
- 7Serves 6