NACHO MAMAS LENTILS
- 1 lb bag
- lentils rinsed and picked
- 1 medium
- onion minced
- 1 1/2 T
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup
- grated carrots, optional
- celery stalks minced, optional
- 32 oz
- box of beef broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups
- 4 mexican cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups
- tomato sauce, homemade or raos jar sauce works best
- 12 oz bag
- egg noodles cooked and drained
How to Make NACHO MAMAS LENTILS
- 1Put oil in a medium saucepot over low heat. Add onions and cover for ten minutes until clear. Don't brown.
- 2Add lentils, salt and pepper, carrots, celery, and beef broth. Recover bring to a boil then lower to a low simmer for 40 mins. Lentils should be soft...if not cook 5 or so mins longer. Then add sauce and heat through.
- 3As a casserole .....place noodles in a glass dish top with lentils then sprinkle cheese. When ready to serve microwave two minutes.
- 4If you prefer to eat for a few meals .....place lentils in Tupperware it keeps in fridge about five days. You can plate over rice or noodles and top with cheese for lunch or dinner.
- 5For appetizer....plate tortilla chips top with lentils with cheese and microwave 1-2 mins