NACHO MAMAS LENTILS
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lb baglentils rinsed and picked
1 mediumonion minced
1 1/2 Tolive oil
1/2 cupgrated carrots, optional
3celery stalks minced, optional
32 ozbox of beef broth
·salt and pepper to taste
2 cups4 mexican cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cupstomato sauce, homemade or raos jar sauce works best
12 oz bagegg noodles cooked and drained
How to Make NACHO MAMAS LENTILS
- Put oil in a medium saucepot over low heat. Add onions and cover for ten minutes until clear. Don't brown.
- Add lentils, salt and pepper, carrots, celery, and beef broth. Recover bring to a boil then lower to a low simmer for 40 mins. Lentils should be soft...if not cook 5 or so mins longer. Then add sauce and heat through.
- As a casserole .....place noodles in a glass dish top with lentils then sprinkle cheese. When ready to serve microwave two minutes.
- If you prefer to eat for a few meals .....place lentils in Tupperware it keeps in fridge about five days. You can plate over rice or noodles and top with cheese for lunch or dinner.
- For appetizer....plate tortilla chips top with lentils with cheese and microwave 1-2 mins