(Leftover) Cabbage Casserole
·2 tbsp butter
·1/2 small onion, chopped
·1/2 can cream of mushroom soup
·3 oz american cheese, diced
·6 cups cabbage, shredded, cooked tender
·1/2 tsp salt (optional)
·1/4 tsp pepper (optional)
·1 tbsp butter
·1/8 cup dried breadcrumbs, plain
How to Make (Leftover) Cabbage Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large pan, fry the onion until tender.
- Next add the soup and cheese and mix until melted.
- Now add the cabbage and salt and pepper, mixing well; then pour the mixture into a non greased pan and set aside until needed.
- In a small frying pan melt the butter and add the breadcrumbs, stirring until golden brown.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the cabbage mixture evenly and bake, uncovered at 350ºF for 25 minutes.