Grilled Eggplant Casserole
Could be a side or a light main dish
4 points plus value for Weight Watchers
- 2 medium
- eggplant, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 4 large
- tomatoes, coursley chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 4 clove
- garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 c
- basil, fresh chopped
- 8 oz
- mozzarella, fresh sliced thin
How to Make Grilled Eggplant Casserole
- 1Heat grill to med/high, preheat oven to 350 degrees. You'll need 8x8 glass baking dish.
- 2Brush sliced eggplant with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Grill until soft with grill marks, about 5 minutes on each side.
- 3Toss chopped tomatoes, garlic, basil and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in large bowl.
- 4Arrange 1/3 of tomato mixture on bottom of pan, then 1/2 of eggplant, half of sliced mozzarella, then 1/3 tomatoes, last 1/2 of eggplant, last 1/3 of tomatoes and top with last 1/2 of mozzarella.
Bake 25 minutes until bubbly and cheese is melted.
Cut into 8 pieces and serve.