Chuck Wagon Beans-Connie's
1/2 lbbacon slices
3 lbground chuck
6 mediumonions, finely chopped
1 ccelery, finely chopped
2/3 cbeef broth or 1 beef bullion cube in 2/3 cup water)
1 1/2 clovegarlic, minced
1 1/2 cketchup
3 Tbspprepared mustard
1 1/2 tspsalt
2 can(s)baked beans, molasses style -1 #13 oz, cans)
How to Make Chuck Wagon Beans-Connie's
- Heat Oven 375 degrees
- In a Dutch oven or large roasting pan, fry bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon and hold for later use.
- Drain bacon drippings from pan.
- In the same pan, cook ground chuck, onion, and celery.
- Stir slowly broth and remain ingredients into pan.
- Cover and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Crumble bacon and sprinkle over beans.