2 Tbspbacon drippings, vegetable oil, or melted shortening
1/2 cchopped green bell pepper
1 ccubed cheddar cheese (preferably sharp)
2/3 cwhole milk
1 1/3 cplain bread crumbs
2egg yolks, reserve whites
1corn, 15-oz. size, drained
How to Make Baked Corn
- Heat the bacon drippings, oil, or melted shortening in an iron skillet.
- Put in the chopped bell pepper and saute slowly.
- Add the cheese, milk, bread crumbs, salt to taste, and the corn to the skillet.
- Beat the egg yolks and add to the mixture in the skillet.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold carefully into the mixture in the skillet.
- Carefully pour the mixture into a greased casserole dish and bake in a 350°F oven for 45 minutes or until nicely browned.