- 2 Tbsp
- bacon drippings, vegetable oil, or melted shortening
- 1/2 c
- chopped green bell pepper
- 1 c
- cubed cheddar cheese (preferably sharp)
- 2/3 c
- whole milk
- 1 1/3 c
- plain bread crumbs
- egg yolks, reserve whites
- corn, 15-oz. size, drained
How to Make Baked Corn
- 1Heat the bacon drippings, oil, or melted shortening in an iron skillet.
- 2Put in the chopped bell pepper and saute slowly.
- 3Add the cheese, milk, bread crumbs, salt to taste, and the corn to the skillet.
- 4Beat the egg yolks and add to the mixture in the skillet.
- 5Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold carefully into the mixture in the skillet.
- 6Carefully pour the mixture into a greased casserole dish and bake in a 350°F oven for 45 minutes or until nicely browned.