Baked Beans with Vanilla Wafers
Rose Mary Mogan
They turned out thick rich and hearty, and were very tasty. I thought to myself not bad for a substitute ingredient.
The Vanilla Wafers thickens the sauce & adds an extra hint of sweetness. We loved them with the extra bits of added cooked, cut up crumbled bacon & smoke flavor from the Liquid smoke.
This was quick simple & convenient, Not bad for a quick side dish.
Try it you may like it too
- 2 can(s)
- pork n beans (15 oz) undrained
- 4 slice
- bacon cooked crisp & crumbled plus extra for top
- 1 medium
- onion chopped (cooked in microwave 3 minutes)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- liquid smoke, or less if desired
- 1/4 c
- splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 Tbsp
- yellow mustard
- 1/3 c
- heinz catsup (my preferred brand)
- 3/4 c
- vanilla wafers, crushed