Southern Louisiana Dirty Rice
1 lbchicken livers
1 lbchicken gizzards (with or without hearts)
2 cchopped bell pepper
2 cchopped celery
1 cchopped yellow onion
1 cchopped green onion
2chopped yellow chili peppers
·cayene to taste
2 1/2 cwater
How to Make Southern Louisiana Dirty Rice
- Boil livers and gizzards until done. Remove and chop saving the water to use with the rice. I use a mini food chopper for the gizzards and hearts.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan.
- Add vegetables to oil and saute while meat is cooking.
- Add chopped meat, salt, and pepper to vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add rice and water (using water meat was cooked in) to mixture and stir.
- Add cayene pepper to taste. The amount you use will be determined by how spicy you like your food.
- Bring ingredients to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes on stove top.