Risotto al Limone
Something your family will ask for again....
- 4 Tbsp
- 1 medium
- scallion-- white and light green part only, finely chopped
- 3 1/2 c
- arborio rice
- 1 c
- white wine or sparkling white grape drink
- 3/4 c
- heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp
- finely grated lemon zest
- 3/4 c
- finely grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- julienned zest of 1 lemon, for garnish
How to Make Risotto al Limone
- 1Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil over high heat on a back burner to use later.Do not cook the rice in this.(if desired add one chicken bouillon cube to the water).
In a heavy duty medium pot over medium flame,heat 2 Tablespoons of the butter; add scallions and cook until softened and light golden, about 2 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring constantly, until translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add wine and cook, stirring constantly, until rice has absorbed most of the wine, about 1 minute.
- 2Now add 1 cup of the boiling water from the back burner pot to the rice in the heavy duty pot, and cook, stirring constantly, until the water has been absorbed, 2-3 minutes. Repeat this process 5-6 more times, until rice is al dente.(You'll have water left over in the back pot).
- 3Add cream and grated lemon zest and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes more.
Remove from heat, stir in remaining butter and parmigiano-reggiano, and season to taste with salt.
- 4If risotto seems too thick, add more water to adjust to desired consistency.
Spoon risotto onto plates and garnish with julienned lemon zest. Serve right away.