How to Make Perfect White Rice
- First: In order to make a large batch of Jasmine Rice, just remember the 1 cup rice to 1 1/2 cups water.
For regular long grain rice and Basmati, that ratio is 1 cup rice to 2 cups water.
- Place rice in a rice cooker or an appropriate sized saucepan with a lid. Rice doubles in size.
Pour water over rice, and swish it with your fingers to make the rice an even layer.
DO NOT RINSE THE RICE!!!!
- If you are using the rice cooker, then switch it on and let it cook. Mine only has one setting, if yours is more complicated, use the right setting.
- Bring water to a boil, and immediately cover and reduce heat to medium-low to medium. (Depending on stove)
- Simmer 15 minutes for Jasmine and 20 minutes for long grain and Basmati rices.
DO NOT STIR THE RICE OR OPEN THE LID WHILE IT COOKS!
- Voila....you are done! Perfect rice! :)