Pam's Fast N Fancy Rice Pilaf
- 1 pkg
- uncle ben's 90 second rice pilaf
- shallot minced
- 2 small
- roasted garlic cloves mashed
- scallions white and part of green, sliced fine
- snow peas, jullienned on the bias (use more or less as desired)
- 1/4 c
- fine chopped celery
- pitted green olives chopped
- pieces of oil cured sun dried tomato chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp
- butter or oil (use oil for vegetarian option)
- toasted pine nuts (optional)
How to Make Pam's Fast N Fancy Rice Pilaf
- 1Microwave the Uncle Ben's Rice pilaf as directed. Set aside.
- 2Chop all vegetables, keeping olives and sun dried tomatoes separate.
- 3Heat small skillet 8" to medium high and add oil or butter. When hot, add all veggies but the olives and tomatoes. Turn heat to medium and saute vegetables 5 minutes or until soft and barely starting to brown. When soft, turn heat to medium low.
- 4Add olives, tomato, and preheated Pilaf to skillet. Stir to combine and to reheat rice if needed. Sprinkle with toasted pinenuts if desired and serve.