My Spin on Texican Rice
Geoffry Le Cher
2 Tbsp(1/4 stick) unsalted butter
1 cchopped onion
3hatch or anaheim chilies, roasted, peeled and chopped
3 clovegarlic, chopped
16-ounce package long-grain and wild rice mix (reserve seasoning packets for another use)
1 cisraeli couscous
1 tspchipotle chili powder
115-ounce can tomato sauce
2 Tbspcilantro paste (available in produce section)
3 clow sodium chicken broth
How to Make My Spin on Texican Rice
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, chilies, and garlic and sauté until just soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add rice, couscous and chili powder and stir until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Mix in tomato sauce and heat through. Add cilantro and broth. Bring mixture to boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until rice/couscous is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 35 minutes.