Joe’s Favorite Garlicky Rice~
- 1 c
- parboiled white rice
- 2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- margarine (i use completely non-dairy nucoa brand)
- 2 - 4 clove
- cloves of fresh garlic, minced (use more or less depending on how much you like garlic)
- 1 Tbsp
- dry garlic, minced
- 1 tsp
- garlic pepper salt
How to Make Joe’s Favorite Garlicky Rice~
- 1Stovetop Method:
In a 2-3 quart saucepan combine rice, water, margarine, and all the garlic varieties.
- 2Stir just enough to mix.
- 3Bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed (this can take up to 40 minutes).
- 5Fluff with fork and serve.
- 6Microwave Method:
Combine rice, water, margarine, and all the garlic varieties in a 2- to 3-quart microwave-safe container.
- 7Cover and cook on high for 5 minutes.
- 8Reduce heat to 50 percent power and microwave an additional 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- 9Let stand for 5 minutes more before serving.
Rinsing rice before cooking eliminates many of the nutrients and is not recommended. Peeking underneath the saucepan lid releases the steam and interrupts the cooking process. Stirring the rice after it has already reached a boil results in gummy rice.