Joe’s Favorite Garlicky Rice~
1 cparboiled white rice
2 Tbspmargarine (i use completely non-dairy nucoa brand)
2 - 4 clovecloves of fresh garlic, minced (use more or less depending on how much you like garlic)
1 Tbspdry garlic, minced
1 tspgarlic pepper salt
How to Make Joe’s Favorite Garlicky Rice~
- Stovetop Method:
In a 2-3 quart saucepan combine rice, water, margarine, and all the garlic varieties.
- Stir just enough to mix.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed (this can take up to 40 minutes).
- Fluff with fork and serve.
- Microwave Method:
Combine rice, water, margarine, and all the garlic varieties in a 2- to 3-quart microwave-safe container.
- Cover and cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 50 percent power and microwave an additional 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Let stand for 5 minutes more before serving.
Rinsing rice before cooking eliminates many of the nutrients and is not recommended. Peeking underneath the saucepan lid releases the steam and interrupts the cooking process. Stirring the rice after it has already reached a boil results in gummy rice.