Jagacita - Jag - Portugal
I love rice dishes, this one sounds terrific.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped, fresh
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups long grain rice, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons salt, coarse sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper, freshly ground (may use black pepper)
- 2 cups beans, lima, kidney, butter (freshly cooked or canned)
How to Make Jagacita - Jag - Portugal
- 1Heat the olive oil in a large pot, add the onions and sauté until they are lightly golden, then toss in the parsley, paprika and bay leaves and simmer for a minute.
- 2Pour in the water, cover and bring to a boil, then add the rice, salt and pepper, and re-cover.
- 3When the rice starts to boil, reduce the heat to simmer and cook until the rice is almost down, about 15 minutes.
- 4Stir in the beans, recover and continue to simmer for 15 minutes more, then shut off the heat and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.