Homemade (Made from Scratch) Spanish "Rice-A-Roni"
- 3/4 c
- broken spaghetti noodles (not angel hair), broken into 1/2 inch to 1 inch pieces
- 1 stick
- 2-1/2 c
- chicken broth
- 1 c
- long grain rice (uncle ben's converted works well, but not the instant rice) or any kind of long grain rice
- 12 oz
- can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp
- onion salt
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder (or to taste)
- tabasco sauce to taste (optional)
- pepper, to taste
How to Make Homemade (Made from Scratch) Spanish "Rice-A-Roni"
- 4Lower heat and cover pan; simmer for about 25-30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and almost gone. (You want to stir everything really good when you first put the lid on, but try not to resist the temptation to stir it too much during the simmering period. Just make sure your heat is pretty low.) If liquid does not get completely absorbed during cooking time, just leave lid on and simmer five or ten more minutes or until the liquid is fully absorbed.
- 5Wait about 10 minutes, remove from heat and let stand for a few minutes. Sprinkle a few dashes of pepper on top and serve.