GREEN RICE (SALLYE)
3 to 5fresh green onions
1/2 mediumgreen bell pepper
1/2 bunchfresh parsley, leaves only
1 cuncooked long grain rice
1 tspsea salt
1/4 tspground pepper
2 clow sodium chicken broth
How to Make GREEN RICE (SALLYE)
- Preheat oven to 325º. Place rack in middle of oven.
- Wash and cut green onions, including green part, into thin slices.
Cut bell pepper in half and remove core, seeds and membrane from one half. Finely dice (can use food processor for this) Reserve other half for later use.
Remove stems from parsley and discard. Finely dice leaves only
- Place above ingredients in a microwave safe bowl with 2 tablespoons of water and cook on full power for 1 to 2 minutes (until veggies are tender.
- Place uncooked rice in a 2 quart baking dish (I use my 9" x 9" one)
- Place chicken broth in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- While broth is heating, add vegetables, salt and pepper to rice and stir to evenly distribute throughout the rice.
- Carefully pour the boiling chicken broth over the rice, making sure all the rice is covered. Stir once again with wooden spoon for even distribution.
- Cover with oven proof lid or foil.
Cook in preheated oven for 25-35 minutes until rice is tender and all liquid is absorbed.
Let stand for 5 minutes, then fluff up with fork before serving.