GREEN RICE (SALLYE)
- 3 to 5
- fresh green onions
- 1/2 medium
- green bell pepper
- 1/2 bunch
- fresh parsley, leaves only
- 1 c
- uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tsp
- sea salt
- 1/4 tsp
- ground pepper
- 2 c
- low sodium chicken broth
How to Make GREEN RICE (SALLYE)
- 1Preheat oven to 325º. Place rack in middle of oven.
- 2Wash and cut green onions, including green part, into thin slices.
Cut bell pepper in half and remove core, seeds and membrane from one half. Finely dice (can use food processor for this) Reserve other half for later use.
Remove stems from parsley and discard. Finely dice leaves only
- 3Place above ingredients in a microwave safe bowl with 2 tablespoons of water and cook on full power for 1 to 2 minutes (until veggies are tender.
- 4Place uncooked rice in a 2 quart baking dish (I use my 9" x 9" one)
- 5Place chicken broth in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- 6While broth is heating, add vegetables, salt and pepper to rice and stir to evenly distribute throughout the rice.
- 7Carefully pour the boiling chicken broth over the rice, making sure all the rice is covered. Stir once again with wooden spoon for even distribution.
- 8Cover with oven proof lid or foil.
Cook in preheated oven for 25-35 minutes until rice is tender and all liquid is absorbed.
Let stand for 5 minutes, then fluff up with fork before serving.