Green Onion Rice
Tried this out on Fathers Day and it was a big hit.
I did this recipe with brown jasmine rice, which took longer than this recipe states. Tastes amazing, but just remember it will take about an hour.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon vegetable base
- 5-6 green onions, thinly chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- soy sauce , to taste
How to Make Green Onion Rice
- 1In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Add rice; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2Add broth and base; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- 3Remove from the heat; stir in the onions and soy sauce. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in almonds. Add soy sauce to taste.