Forbidden Black Rice Salad
Recipe by Mitch Madoff, Whole Foods Market, NYC Commissary/Deli. This is Whole Foods Market, New York City best selling salad!
- •2 cups organic forbidden rice® or forbidden rice®
- •3 1/2 cups water
- •2 tbls tamari
- •3 tbls sesame oil
- •1 pound roasted diced sweet potatoes
- •3/4 cup diced red peppers
- •3/4 cup diced yellow peppers
- •1/2 bunch sliced scallions
How to Make Forbidden Black Rice Salad
- 1Bring rice, water and pinch of salt to a quick bowl, cover and lower heat to a simmer for 30 minutes. Let rice sit while you whisk together sesame oil and tamari. While rice is still warm toss in the sesame oil and tamari mixture. Let cool, then add sweet potatoes, red peppers, yellow peppers, scallions, and salt, pepper to taste.