Fairy Godmother Rice
- 1/2 c
- butter ( i use less. 1/4 cup works fine)
- 5 oz
- thin egg noodles
- 2 c
- uncooked instant rice
- 2 pkg
- (1 ounce each) dry onion soup mix
- soy sauce to taste
- 4 c
- vegetable broth ( i use beef broth)
- 5 ounce can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
How to Make Fairy Godmother Rice
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- 2Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown noodles in the butter.
- 3In a large bowl, combine browned noodles,rice,soup mix,broth, water chestnuts and soy sauce.
Mix well and transfer to prepared casserole dish.
- 4Bake for 45 minutes, uncovered, until liquid has been absorbed and casserole is brown and crispy on top.