Crab and Asparagus Risotto
2 Tbspbutter, unsalted
2 Tbspvegetable oil
2 clovegarlic, minced
1 lbarborio rice
1 1/2 cchicken stock
1/2 cwhite wine, dry
1 cparmesan cheese, grated
1/2 conions, finely chopped
1/2 cchives, chopped
6 ozlump crab meat
1 casparagus, cooked and cut into 1 inch thick pieces
·black pepper, freshly ground
How to Make Crab and Asparagus Risotto
- In an electric kettle or medium saucepan with a lid, combine chicken broth and white wine and heat just to simmering. Keep warm.
- In a large 3 to 4-quart heavy saucepan over medium heat, heat the butter and oil together in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic, saute until soft. Do not brown, they should be translucent.
- Add the rice and saute for a further 3 to 5 minutes making sure the rice is well coated, careful not to burn.
- Add about 1/2 cup of stock mixture to the rice just enough to cover the top of the rice.and stir over a medium heat until the rice is almost dry and all the stock has been incorporated.
- Repeat this process until the rice is cooked but still has a slight bite. (If you run out of the wine broth mixture quickly prepare a little more to soften the rice) The rice should be creamy and moist, not runny, and the cooking time should be around 30 minutes.
- After the last addition of liquid has been mostly absorbed, add the asparagus until heated through.
- Fold in the crabmeat, chopped chives, and Parmesan. Taste and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.