Coconut Rice and Pineapple
This sweet and savory rice side dish is crunchy and is great drizzled with soy sauce,if desired.
A very nice dish to serve with any of your pork recipes, and barbecue kabobs.
- 2 c
- jasmine rice
- 1 1/4 c
- chicken broth
- 1 c
- thick coconut milk
- 1 c
- chunk or tid-bit pineapple, drained-reserve juice
- 2 Tbsp
- soy sauce+ more for drizzling
- 1 tsp
- sesame oil
- 2 tsp
- brown sugar, light
- 1/4 c
- finely chopped scallions
- toppings:macadamia nuts, almonds, toasted coconut flakes
How to Make Coconut Rice and Pineapple
- 1Rinse the rice several times until the water runs clear. Drain the rice. Cook in a rice cooker using the broth, milk and reserved pineapple juice.
Stove top method:
If you do not have a rice cooker- make on stove top:
In a medium pot, over high heat, add the rice, broth, juice and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat to low and cover with tight fitting lid; let cook for 20 minutes. Turn off heat, and without opening the lid, let it sit for another 10 minutes to finish steaming.
- 2Fluff the rice with a fork and mix in the pineapple,soy sauce, brown sugar, and sesame oil. Top with chopped scallions and any of the garnishes. Drizzle with a bit of soy sauce , if desired.