WHITE CHEDDAR POTATOES
Recipe and picture by:friedalovesbread.blogspot.com
- 2 lb
- washed red potatoes, each potato cut in half
- 3/4 can(s)
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 c
- white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp
- onion powder
- 3/4 tsp
- 1 tsp
- dried parsley - or - 2 tsp. fresh, chopped parsley
- pepper to taste
How to Make WHITE CHEDDAR POTATOES
- 1In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook 15 minutes or until fork tender; drain.
- 2In a smaller saucepan, combine the milk and butter. Heat over medium heat until butter is melted.
- 3Mash the potatoes with an electric mixer until smooth, slowly adding warm milk mixture. Add cheese and onion powder. Stir in salt and parsley, then add pepper to taste. Reserve some parsley for garnish.
- 4NOTE: If you are so inclined, try adding one clove of minced garlic or 1/2 tsp. garlic powder to the butter and milk mixture.