☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
6 to 8ozstrong welsh cheese (or use a good mature cheddar cheese)
1 1/2 tspblack pepper
1 full sprig(s)fresh dill, chopped
2 Tbspfresh chives, chopped (for garnish)
How to Make Welsh Cheese, Potato and Onion Pie
- Preheat oven to 350°F (170°C). Butter or grease a medium-size baking dish; set aside.
- Rinse potatoes and scrub away debris. Peel if you wish. Slice potatoes very thinly, and place potato slices in a colander, and rinse in cool running water. Drain well and set aside.
- Peel and thinly slice the onions; set aside.
- Coarsely grate the cheese; set aside.
- Place a layer of onions in baking dish, then add a layer of potatoes. Season potato layer with salt, pepper, and dill (adding more or less as desired). Top with a layer of cheese. Drizzle the water down each side of the dish so you don't disturb the layers.
- Cover with lid (or you can use foil, but you'll want to butter it to prevent sticking). Place baking dish in oven, and bake for 60 minutes. Remove the lid and bake uncovered for an additional 30 to 45 minutes or until the cheese forms a crust on top and is lightly browned. Serve immediately while still hot, garnished with chopped fresh chives.