(Vichyssoise) Leek and Potato Soup
2 Tbspcoconut oil
4 largeleeks, cut into little circles and rinsed
3 csweet onion
1/2 tspsea salt
4 clovegarlic, minced
4 largeyukon gold potatoes, diced
8 cstock, i used chicken
4 tsprosemary leaves chopped small
1 smalllemon, juice of.
1 1/2 ccream (optional)
How to Make (Vichyssoise) Leek and Potato Soup
- Heat up a large soup pot and melt the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the cleaned leeks, onion and sea salt. Saute for about 5 minutes. Stir often until the leeks and onions are transparent.
- Add the garlic and stir well. Saute for 1 more minute.
- Add the diced potatoes, and stock, cover and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat, add the cream (if using) rosemary and with a stick blender puree the soup until its totally smooth.
- Serve this warm with your favorite crusty bread and if you like a splash of lemon. I love the soup with a little lemon.