(Vichyssoise) Leek and Potato Soup
- 2 Tbsp
- coconut oil
- 4 large
- leeks, cut into little circles and rinsed
- 3 c
- sweet onion
- 1/2 tsp
- sea salt
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 4 large
- yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 8 c
- stock, i used chicken
- 4 tsp
- rosemary leaves chopped small
- 1 small
- lemon, juice of.
- 1 1/2 c
- cream (optional)
How to Make (Vichyssoise) Leek and Potato Soup
- 1Heat up a large soup pot and melt the coconut oil over medium heat.
- 2Add the cleaned leeks, onion and sea salt. Saute for about 5 minutes. Stir often until the leeks and onions are transparent.
- 3Add the garlic and stir well. Saute for 1 more minute.
- 4Add the diced potatoes, and stock, cover and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- 5Remove the soup from the heat, add the cream (if using) rosemary and with a stick blender puree the soup until its totally smooth.
- 6Serve this warm with your favorite crusty bread and if you like a splash of lemon. I love the soup with a little lemon.