Twice Baked Potato
The only hard part is keeping everyone from diving in before I get to do the photo shoot.
4 largerussett potatoes
1/3 cphilly savory garlic cooking creme
1/3 cphilly original cooking creme
1/2 cmilk or cream
1/2 cscallions, chopped green part too, and save some of the green for garnish
4 cextra sharp cheddar, divided
1/2 tspeach salt and pepper
4 slicebacon fried crisp and crumbled for garnish, optional
How to Make Twice Baked Potato
- Scrub and prick potatoes 6 to 7 times with the tines of a fork and place in a microwave. Cook on high, turning from time to time until tender.
- In a large bowl place the butter and cream cheese.
- When the potatoes are just cool enough to handle scoop out the pulp leaving just a thin rim of potato. A sharp knife run around the outside will help this along. Put the hot pulp on the cream cheese and butter.
- Reserve 1 cup of cheddar cheese, and 4 tablespoons of chopped scallions.
- With an electric mixer,mix the pulp, butter and cooking cremes together until smooth.
- Add the milk and whip til smooth.
- Add the rest of ingredients and mix well.
- Stuff the potato shells with cheese mixture and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until hot.
- Last 5 minutes of baking sprinkle the 1 cup of cheddar over and then scallions evenly, continue to cook til all bubbly.