TUSCAN CHEESE POTATO BAKE
Recipe & photo: Midwestliving.com
- 2 lb
- red potatoes
- 3 or 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp
- snipped fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp. dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 c
- 1 c
- 1 c
- fontina cheese, shredded (4 oz.)
- 1 c
- parmesan cheese, finely shredded (4 oz.)
- 1/3 c
- crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 c
- panko (japanese-style) bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp
- dried italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- snipped fresh parsley (optional)
How to Make TUSCAN CHEESE POTATO BAKE
- 1Scrub potatoes; cut into 1-inch pieces. In large saucepan cook potatoes in lightly salted boiling water 12 to 15 minutes or until tender; drain.
- 2In a large skillet cook and stir garlic and thyme in butter over medium heat for 1 minute; add potatoes. Coarsely mash potatoes. Stir in buttermilk, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper. Fold in fontina cheese, half of the Parmesan cheese, and the blue cheese.
- 3Spread mixture evenly in a greased 2-qt. square baking dish.
- 4In a small bowl combine remaining Parmesan, panko, Italian seasoning, and oil. toss with a fork to combine. Evenly sprinkle over potato mixture in dish.
- 5Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 20 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden. If desired, sprinkle with snipped fresh parsley.