TUSCAN CHEESE POTATO BAKE
Recipe & photo: Midwestliving.com
2 lbred potatoes
3 or 4 clovegarlic, minced
1 1/2 tspsnipped fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp. dried thyme, crushed
1 cfontina cheese, shredded (4 oz.)
1 cparmesan cheese, finely shredded (4 oz.)
1/3 ccrumbled blue cheese
1/2 cpanko (japanese-style) bread crumbs
1/4 tspdried italian seasoning, crushed
1 Tbspolive oil
·snipped fresh parsley (optional)
How to Make TUSCAN CHEESE POTATO BAKE
- Scrub potatoes; cut into 1-inch pieces. In large saucepan cook potatoes in lightly salted boiling water 12 to 15 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a large skillet cook and stir garlic and thyme in butter over medium heat for 1 minute; add potatoes. Coarsely mash potatoes. Stir in buttermilk, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper. Fold in fontina cheese, half of the Parmesan cheese, and the blue cheese.
- Spread mixture evenly in a greased 2-qt. square baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine remaining Parmesan, panko, Italian seasoning, and oil. toss with a fork to combine. Evenly sprinkle over potato mixture in dish.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 20 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden. If desired, sprinkle with snipped fresh parsley.