How to Make Tsimmis Recipe (no meat)
- 1Peel white and sweet potatoes. Slice them into large chunks. Peel carrots and cut into chunks.
- 2In bottom of dutch oven use 1/2 cup olive oil.
Spread sliced onion over bottom of dutch oven.
- 3Add potatoes on top of onions (both white and sweet), add carrots on top of potatoes.
Sprinkle with sugar and salt.
- 4Add prunes over carrot and potato mixture.
Add boiling water halfway up side of pot. You might have to add more as it cooks down. Give it all a good mix.
- 5Cook on top of stove until mixture comes to a boil. Then put it into the oven and roast until the potatoes and carrots and prunes break down and become soft.
- 6Make the motza ball mix and boil them in water (keep finished balls on the side).
- 7Once the veggies break down, add motza balls to top of potatoes and roast until balls dry out a bit.
Watch the water level because if it dries out too fast it will burn.