Traditionelle deutsche Kartoffelsalat
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 lb
- red potatoes, sliced
- 1 large
- onion, diced
- 1/2 lb
- bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled, reserve grease
- 1/3 c
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- brown mustard
- 1/4 c
- fresh chopped parsley
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Traditionelle deutsche Kartoffelsalat
- 1In a large saucepan, boil potatoes until just tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 2After frying the bacon, saute the chopped onion in the bacon grease. Remove onion from grease and add to the potatoes.
- 3Add flour to bacon grease and stir until smooth.
- 4Add vinegar, sugar, brown mustard, water, and salt and pepper to the mixture and simmer until mixed well.
- 5Pour this mixture over the potatoes and mix well. Stir in parsley and crumbled bacon and serve while warm.