2 lbsmall potatos, sweet potatoes, yams, japanese sweet potatoes or mix therof.
1 lbonions. yellow, white or red.
1/2 lborganic breakfast sausage. or other meat ingread. or not!
1 Tbspsage (dry or fresh ) chopped
3 tspsea salt (or whatever salt you have)
3 dash(es)olive oil
1 pinchground corriander (optional)
1 pinchground fennel (optional)
1 tsppepper (or combo of white pepper and blk pepper)
1 ccheese (parmesean, ricotta, white cheddar)
1 csour cream or yogurt
1 bunchmixed herbs (your choice: rosemary, parsley, thyme, cilantro, marjoram, chives) or
2 Tbspmisc dried herbs sauteed with spices.
How to Make Sweetsie Meatsie
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- slice potatoes 1/4 inch thick. place in bowl of salted water. (salty to taste)
- grate cheese (optional)
- slice onions into half moons. (cut onion in half from root to top, slice of top and root off, remove peel, and slice along stripes on onion)
- saute sausage until golden. salt to taste. put in bowl. leave fat in pan
- place onion in pan with spices and remaining oil. saute on med heat until golden. about 8 minutes. remove from heat.
- Drain potatoes and pat dry with kitchen towel.
- place 1/3 potatoes in pan. top with 1/3 layer of onions and spices, layer 1/3 of the cheese. repeat until all ingredients are used.
- pour stock over pan and cover with foil.
- cook for 45 minutes covered
- uncover and cook for additional 15 to 30 minutes until top is golden and potatoes are soft.
- top with sour cream or yogurt and remaining herbs.
- broil until golden brown.
- let rest for 20 minutes and serve. (even better the next day)