1 lbsweet potaoes, peeled and cubed
1 largeonion, cut in half and sliced
2 pkgbabby spinach (10oz bag)
1 can(s)black beans, (15oz can)
1 can(s)enchilada sauce
1 pkgold elpaso burrito seasoning mix
1 pkgwhole wheat burrito tortillas
How to Make Sweet Potatoe and Spinach Burrito with Black Beans
- boil the sweet potatoes until tender.
While potatoes are boiling, heat a skillet with a little olive oil and saute the onions until they are translucent and start to caramelize.
- drain the potatoes, reserving 1 1/4 cups of water from the potatoes. Add the potatoes to the onions in the hot skillet.along with the reserved water and burrito seasoning mix. cook uncovered over medium heat 5-7 minutes stirring frequently, until thickened
- add the spinach and black beans at this time and cook til spinach is wilted and beans are heated thru.
- spoon into the whole wheat burrito tortillas. Place in a baking dish seam side down. top with the enchilada sauce and a vegan cheese of your choice.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese on top gets bubbly and starts to brown.