Sweet Potato Pie
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 largesweet potatoes
1 can(s)crushed pinapple in juice not syrup!
1 bag(s)brown sugar
1 bag(s)miniature marshmallows (colored mkes a nicer display, but not neccesary)
How to Make Sweet Potato Pie
- Steps 2-4 can be done up to 24 hours prior to completing recipe and stored in the refrigerator until ready to finish and serve.
- Peal and cut the potatoes into chunks, then put into pot and cover with water. Cook on top of the stove until firm, but soft. (not mushy)
- Drain, then mash potatoes and add roughly half the pineapple and mix. Potato and pineapple mixture should be fairly smooth and creamy, but slightly thick. (About the texture of mashed potatoes.)
- Add cinnamon and brown sugar to taste. Put mixture into baking dish that can also be used as a serving dish. We use a nice glass backing dish. Mixture should totally fill dish to no more than half inch from top of dish. Spread mixture so it's flat on the surface.
If making recipe day before serving, cover and put into refrigerator.
- When ready to finish, put dish into oven and bake at 350 degrees, until mixture has been warmed to eating temperature. (about 30 minutes)
- Take cover off dish and cover mixture with marshmellows, so none of the mixture can be seen when looking from above. Put back into over JUSt until marshmellows are melted and slightly browned (about 10-15 minutes) or you can broil to brown marshmellows, but you must watch very closely, so they don't burn! (less than 5 minutes) Take out of oven and joy!