Sweet Potato Hash
This is also great served for breakfast of brunch with a poached egg on top.
- 1 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 slice
- onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium
- sweet potatoes,peeled and coarsely grated (raw)
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- granulated sugar, optional- helps in browning
- 1/3 c
- finely diced black forest ham
- 1 tsp
- chopped fresh thyme
- 1 pinch
- cinnamon, optional -i love this flavor
How to Make Sweet Potato Hash
- 1Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet(I spray skillet first then add the oil too.); over medium high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened and lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 2Reduce heat to medium and add sweet potatoes,salt, sugar and cinnamon. Cook stirring often,until the potatoes are tender, about 4 or 5 minutes. Stir in ham and thyme; cook stirring until the ham is heated through, about one minute more.
- 3If serving with egg- poach egg and place on top of hash and season with salt and pepper and serve hot.