Super Easy Mashed Potatoes
★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 6 large russet potatoes, peeled, or about 12 medium redskin potatoes, skins left on.
- garlic powder, salt, pepper, to taste
- 8 oz block cream cheese, softened at room temperature.
How to Make Super Easy Mashed Potatoes
- 1Wash potatoes thoroughly. If desired, skin potatoes.
- 2Put potatoes in a 4 quart pot and cover with water. Add a large pinch of salt. Boil until potatoes are soft. (Do NOT over-cook! This results in watery mashed potatoes!)
- 3When potatoes are done, drain and return to pot. Smash and add the 8 ounce block of cream cheese and mix well. Add salt, pepper, and garlic to suit your own tastes!
- 4Variations: you can still add milk and butter if you so desire, but the cream cheese alone creates a good stiff, but still somewhat fluffy, potato.
Also, add crumbled cooked bacon and cheese for a loaded mashed potato!