Spinach and Potatoe Casserole
- 8 large
- russet potatoes
- 1 1/2 stick
- butter, room temperature
- 2 c
- onion, vadalia or spanish, minced
- 2 c
- prosciutto, minced
- 2 pkg
- spinach, frozen, chopped
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 3/4 c
- milk, hot
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to your own deired preference
- 1 c
- swiss cheese, grated (i prefer baby swiss, but regular will work too)
How to Make Spinach and Potatoe Casserole
- 1Bake the potatoes in a 375 degree oven until tender. Set aside until cool enough to handle. When cool, cut the potatoes in halves length wise and scoop pulp into a mixing bowl.
- 2Melt 1 stick of butter in a skillet. When the butter is melted, add the onions and saute until clear or soft (about 10 minutes).
- 3Add prosciutto, and drained spinach to the onion mixture. Cook another 5 minutes.
- 4Turn off heat and add parmesan cheese to the onion mixture. Stir till well blended.
- 5Add 1/2 stick butter, hot milk, and sour cream to the potatoe pulp. Add salt and pepper to taste and mash well.
- 6Stir in the onion/spinach mixture (combine well).
- 7Pour mixture into a well greased/buttered baking dish (one that has a lid) and smooth the top.
- 8Sprinkle the top lightly with salt and pepper. Scatter the grated cheese on top. Cover with a buttered baking lid and set aside till ready to bake If refridgerated, bring casserole to room temperature before baking).
- 9Bake the covered casserole at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake another 15 minutes. Remove from oveb and serve hot.