Spinach and Potatoe Casserole
8 largerusset potatoes
1 1/2 stickbutter, room temperature
2 conion, vadalia or spanish, minced
2 cprosciutto, minced
2 pkgspinach, frozen, chopped
1/2 cparmesan cheese, grated
1 csour cream
3/4 cmilk, hot
·salt and freshly ground pepper, to your own deired preference
1 cswiss cheese, grated (i prefer baby swiss, but regular will work too)
How to Make Spinach and Potatoe Casserole
- Bake the potatoes in a 375 degree oven until tender. Set aside until cool enough to handle. When cool, cut the potatoes in halves length wise and scoop pulp into a mixing bowl.
- Melt 1 stick of butter in a skillet. When the butter is melted, add the onions and saute until clear or soft (about 10 minutes).
- Add prosciutto, and drained spinach to the onion mixture. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add parmesan cheese to the onion mixture. Stir till well blended.
- Add 1/2 stick butter, hot milk, and sour cream to the potatoe pulp. Add salt and pepper to taste and mash well.
- Stir in the onion/spinach mixture (combine well).
- Pour mixture into a well greased/buttered baking dish (one that has a lid) and smooth the top.
- Sprinkle the top lightly with salt and pepper. Scatter the grated cheese on top. Cover with a buttered baking lid and set aside till ready to bake If refridgerated, bring casserole to room temperature before baking).
- Bake the covered casserole at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake another 15 minutes. Remove from oveb and serve hot.