Southern Hashbrown Casserole
1 pkg(bag) frozen hash brown potatoes (2 lbs)
2 cshredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cmelted butter
1 1/2 tsptsp salt
1 small•onion (chopped)
1 can(s)10 ¾ oz cream soup (cream of chicken or cream of mushroom work very well)
1 csour cream
2 ccrushed corn flakes
1/4 ccup melted butter
How to Make Southern Hashbrown Casserole
- 1.As mentioned above, thaw hash browns (or use refrigerator style hash browns).
- 2.In a large bowl, mix together hash browns, cheddar cheese, ½ cup melted butter, salt, onion, soup, and sour cream. Stir until evenly mixed.
- 3.Spray a 9 x 11 or 9 x 13 inch pan or casserole dish with Pam or lightly grease the dish. This helps on clean up.
- 4.Pour mixture from bowl into pan and spread evenly with a spoon. Do not pack down tightly.
- 5.In a small bowl, mix together Corn Flakes and ¼ cup melted butter. Mix together and spread on top of casserole.
- 6.Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes without a lid. The top should be lightly browned when done.