Southern Hashbrown Casserole
- 1 pkg
- (bag) frozen hash brown potatoes (2 lbs)
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c
- melted butter
- 1 1/2 tsp
- tsp salt
- 1 small
- •onion (chopped)
- 1 can(s)
- 10 ¾ oz cream soup (cream of chicken or cream of mushroom work very well)
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 2 c
- crushed corn flakes
- 1/4 c
- cup melted butter
How to Make Southern Hashbrown Casserole
- 11.As mentioned above, thaw hash browns (or use refrigerator style hash browns).
- 22.In a large bowl, mix together hash browns, cheddar cheese, ½ cup melted butter, salt, onion, soup, and sour cream. Stir until evenly mixed.
- 33.Spray a 9 x 11 or 9 x 13 inch pan or casserole dish with Pam or lightly grease the dish. This helps on clean up.
- 44.Pour mixture from bowl into pan and spread evenly with a spoon. Do not pack down tightly.
- 55.In a small bowl, mix together Corn Flakes and ¼ cup melted butter. Mix together and spread on top of casserole.
- 66.Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes without a lid. The top should be lightly browned when done.