- 2 lb
- rib-eye steak
- 1 large
- 1 bottle
- hickory bourbon bbq sauce
- 1 c
- red wine
- 1/2 c
- 2 lb
- fingerling potatoes
- 1 1/2 c
- ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 tsp
- sea salt
- 1 tsp
- smoked black pepper
How to Make Smothered Rib Eye Steaks & Small Potatoes Roasted with Ghee and Sea Salt
- 1Preheat oven to 450*
- 2Cut the onion in half, chop half in small pieces for the steak, and chunk the other half for the potatoes.
Cut any of the large potatoes into chunks that are comparable to the rest of the potatoes.
Use 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper to salt and pepper both sides of the steaks.
- 3Preheat a large skillet for the steaks over medium heat and a medium skillet for the potatoes over medium high heat.
- 4Place the ghee in the smaller skillet and let it get warm, then add the potatoes and onion chunks and stir to coat. Salt and pepper with remaining pepper and stir again. Place in oven to cook.
- 5Place the steaks in the larger skillet and sear one side. Flip with a pair of tongs and sear the other side. Add the onions and chase them around the pan while the second side is searing.
- 6Add the red wine and water to the steaks. Let it reduce by half, and then flip the steaks. Reduce again until the pan has only a small amount of wine/water left.
- 7Pour the BBQ sauce over the steaks and into the pan.
Lift the steaks up so the sauce can go under them.
Bring to a simmer, and cover.
- 8Simmer for 5 minutes, flip the steaks and simmer another 5 minutes.
- 9Turn the heat off from the burner.
Remove potatoes from the oven.
- 10Let the steaks rest while you are putting the potatoes and what else you are serving on the plates.
- 11Place steaks on plates, and pour 1/4 cup of the sauce in the pan over the steaks.