Smashed Roasted Herb Potatoes-Annette's
Recipe and photo are my own.
20red bliss or new potatoes
1/4 colive oil plus some to drizzle on pan
2-3 Tbspfresh chives, chopped
2-3 Tbspfresh rosemary, chopped
·coarse sea salt
·garlic salt w/parsley
How to Make Smashed Roasted Herb Potatoes-Annette's
- Wash potatoes and put them into a stock pot big enough to boil them in. Cover potatoes with water. Salt water with a significant amount of salt. (this salt can be iodized or kosher salt)
- Bring water to a boil and boil potatoes until barely fork tender. About 15-20 minutes. While potatoes boil, chop your chives and rosemary.
- Remove from heat and drain. Preheat oven to 450°. Move oven rack to second from the top.
- While oven is preheating, cool potatoes slightly. Next, drizzle enough olive oil on a pan to allow the bottom part of the potatoes to sit in it.
- Place the potatoes on the pan then take a potato masher and break them open. At this point you can decide to keep them as individual potatoes or mash them up a little more like I did. Some you may not have control of depending on how much they have cooked.
- Melt your 3 T. of butter in the microwave then add the 1/4 cup olive oil to it. Stir it to mix well. Use a brush and coat the potatoes and skins well with mixture. If you run out, just mix some more. Make sure you get the meat of the potatoes and skins covered with the butter/oil as this helps it crisp up in the oven.
- Salt, pepper and garlic salt the potatoes at this point very well. Sprinkle with the herbs.
- Top with sour cream and extra chives if desired. Enjoy!