Slow Cooker Cheese and Potato Casserole
Another great recipe from my mother's Rival Crock Pot Recipe Book from the 70's.
These recipes seem to be for a 4 quart slow cooker -- you can increase ingredients for a larger one, or reduce them by half for a smaller one. The cooking times are the same.
2 lbfrozen hash brown potatoes (partly thawed)
2 can(s)10 ounce cans cheddar cheese soup
1 can(s)13 ounce evaporated milk, undiluted
1 can(s)french fried onion rings
to tastesalt and pepper
How to Make Slow Cooker Cheese and Potato Casserole
- Grease the Slow cooker with cooking spray or spread with butter
- Combine partially frozen hash browns, soup, milk, and half the onion rings in the crock pot.
- Add Salt and pepper to taste
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 9 hours (or High for 4 hours)
- Sprinkle remaining onion rings over top before serving.
- NOTE: If using 2-quart Crock-Pot, reduce this recipe by half. Cooking times are the same. This should fit in 4 quart but can add more ingredients to fit in 6 quart pot