Roasted Potato red pepper and garlic salad
- 2 lb
- red potatoes, cut into chunks
- large whole bulb of garlic
- 1/4 c
- chicken broth
- large sweet red pepper, cut into chunks
- snipped chives to taste
- 1/4 c
- balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- rosemary, dried
- 1/2 tsp
FOR THE DRESSING
How to Make Roasted Potato red pepper and garlic salad
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Oil a rimmed baking sheet with some olive oil.
- 2Remove the paper skin of the outside of the garlic bulb. Leave it whole, just get off as much of the paper skin from the outside. Cut the top off just a bit. (just some of the very top portion.
Place it in the middles of your prepared pan cut side up/root side down.
Place the cut potatoes around the garlic bulb in the middle.
- 3Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
Remove potatoes from pan, but leave the garlic bulb on the pan.
Place the red peppers around the garlic bulb and bake for an additional 20 minutes, until the red peppers are slightly roasted and the garlic bublb is tender when pierced with a fork.
- 4Add the peppers to the potaotes, and let cool for a while.
Allow garlic bulb to cool off until you can handle it. TO remove the roasted garlic, squeeze out each clove out of its "shell"
Put the garlic in a large bowl and smash it with a fork.
To the smashed garlic, add the dressing ingredients. Stir well to combine.