RED POTATO GRATIN -- BONNIE'S
- red potatoes, small, microwaved until almost done
- tablespoons butter
- green onions tops included, about a cup
- teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 ounce can mushroom pieces drained
- can cream of chicken soup (14 ounces)
- cup grated cheddar cheese (or cheese of choice)
- salt and pepper to taste
- tablespoons chopped parsley for garnish
- cup of cheddar cheese grated (or your favorite)
- cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- cup of panko bread crumbs
- butter to dot top
How to Make RED POTATO GRATIN -- BONNIE'S
- 1SAUTE VEGETABLES: In a medium skillet, melt the 2 tablespoons of butter, and saute the onions until tender, add garlic and the drained mushroom pieces, cook 1 minute more. Add the soup, stir, add the 1/2 cup of cheese, stir again. Set aside.
- 2PEHEAT OVEN: to 425 degrees. Grease a 1 1/2 quart pyrex baking dish.
- 3MICROWAVE THE POTATOES: Wash and blot the potatoes dry, and prick with a fork several times. Microwave until almost done. Then remove to a cutting board and using a fork to hold the potato, cut into slices. Transfer the sliced potatoes to the baking dish with a spatula. Pour the skillet mixture over the potatoes folding it in gently until all the slices are covered with sauce. Now cover with the topping.
- 4MAKE THE TOPPING
Add the 1 cup of cheese to a small bowl. Add 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs and mix well. Spread this cheese mixture over the top of the potatoes and dot with butter. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until light brown. Don't overcook! Garnish and serve immediately. Enjoy!