Potatoes with Almonds
- 1 lb
- of 1/4 inch, peeled and sliced potatoes
- 1 Tbsp
- bacon grease, or vegetable oil
- slices of cooked, and crumbled, bacon/optional
- red onion, sliced thinly with mandolin
- garlic cloves, minced/recipe called for (1)
- 1/2 c
- almonds, slivered
- 1/2 tsp
- turmeric, ground
- 5 oz
- mixed organic spinach and arugula leaves/recipe calls for 4 1/2 ounces of arugula leaves
- 1 1/4 c
- heavy cream
- 1 tsp
- pepper to taste
How to Make Potatoes with Almonds
- 1Cooked the slices potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain them thoroughly.
- 2Cook the bacon in a skillet, then drain, cool, and crumble into small pieces. Use 1 Tablespoon of the reserved grease fat, and add the onion and garlic to the skillet. Cook over a medium heat, stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes.
- 3Add the almonds, turmeric, and potatoes into the skillet and begin to salt and pepper slowing while incorporating the seasonings into the mixture. Stir constantly for 2-3 minutes and then stir in the spinach and arugula leaves allowing to cook for a few more minutes.
- 4Transfer the potatoes and almond mixture into a shallow ovenproof dish. Pour in the heavy cream over the top and season more if needed.
- 5Cook in a preheated oven, at 375F, for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked thoroughly. Serve immediately.