Potato Soup with Roasted Garlic
★★★★★ 1 vote5
6/8 largewhite potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
1-8oz can(s)carnation can cream milk
2 cwhole milk
2 pinchchives /or green onion chopped
I slicebacon fried and crumbled for the top
1 stickbutter or margarine
1 csour cream
1/2 cshredded sharp cheddar cheese (top)
How to Make Potato Soup with Roasted Garlic
- Peel and wash potatoes. Cut into small cubes. Add to a 2 quart pot of boiling salty water with 2tlbsp. butter.
- When the potatoes are soft enough to cut with a fork. Drain in a collander and add milk , cream, butter, garlic salt and potatoes. cook about 30 minutes.
- When thick enough and creamy, shut off heat , let cool.
- In a small fry skillet brown the bacon until crispy, let cool and crumble.
- To the pot of soup add the sour cream and sprinkle the top with chives bacon and shredded cheese and serve.Wait until you ladle into bowls to add bacon chives and shredded cheese.