Potato Soup with Roasted Garlic
- 6/8 large
- white potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
- 1-8oz can(s)
- carnation can cream milk
- 2 c
- whole milk
- 2 pinch
- chives /or green onion chopped
- 1 pinch
- I slice
- bacon fried and crumbled for the top
- 1 stick
- butter or margarine
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 1/2 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese (top)
How to Make Potato Soup with Roasted Garlic
- 1Peel and wash potatoes. Cut into small cubes. Add to a 2 quart pot of boiling salty water with 2tlbsp. butter.
- 2When the potatoes are soft enough to cut with a fork. Drain in a collander and add milk , cream, butter, garlic salt and potatoes. cook about 30 minutes.
- 3When thick enough and creamy, shut off heat , let cool.
- 4In a small fry skillet brown the bacon until crispy, let cool and crumble.
- 5To the pot of soup add the sour cream and sprinkle the top with chives bacon and shredded cheese and serve.Wait until you ladle into bowls to add bacon chives and shredded cheese.