Potato Pierogis w/Onion, Chse-Bac & Swt Peppers
Rose Mary Mogan
Mary's recipe used some of the same ingredients that were in my Oven Baked Potato Casserole,& I had left overs FROM CHRISTmas, and used that to create my FIRST TIME HOMEMADE FROM SCRATCH pierogi's.
This was a time consuming recipe for me, but was so good because of my diligent efforts & great instructions.
My husband repeadetly complimented me on the flavor & taste. I am sure an experienced Pierogi Maker would use much LESS TIME than I did.
- 2 slice
- bacon,cooked crisp & crumbled (save drippings)
- 6-7 c
- left over twice baked potatoes (this is my guesstimate)
- 3/4 c
- shredded cheddar cheese (mild)
- 1 large
- onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- each butter & olive oil
- 1 large
- onion cut into rings
- 1/2-1/3 stick
- 1 bunch
- green onions (chopped for garnish)
- 1 lb
- sour cream (optional)
- 10 -12
- mini sweet peppers, assorted colors halved & seeded
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 c
- sour cream (room temperature)
- jumbo eggs, (room temperature)
- 1/3 tsp
- salt (optional) i chose not to use it
- 1 1/2-2 Tbsp
- heavy whipping cream (if needed)
How to Make Potato Pierogis w/Onion, Chse-Bac & Swt Peppers
- 17Please NOTE: I am no expert, especially for making Pierogis,as this was my first time, but I used some methods that were best for me, which may or may not be traditional. My family and Neighbors were very PLEASED WITH THE FINISHED PRODUCT & THE RESULTS.
YOUR TECHNIQUE MAY BE DIFFERENT FROM MINE, BUT HOPEFULLY OUR RESULTS WILL BE THE SAME or very similiar. BECAUSE THESE WERE really Really good & very Tasty.