Potato Pancakes with Cheddar, Chives, and Cream Cheese in the Middle
These are cripsy on the outside, creamy and soft on the inside.
2 cmashed potatoes made with butter, milk salt and pepper
1 Tbspchopped fresh chives, more if you like them
2/3 ccheddar cheese, shredded
5 Tbspcream cheese
2/3 cseasoned bread crumbs, we like italian
How to Make Potato Pancakes with Cheddar, Chives, and Cream Cheese in the Middle
- Mix together everything but the bread crumbs and cream cheese with a mixer.
- Cut the cream cheese into little squares, about a tablespoon a square.
- Take 1/4 or 1/5 of the mixture, form a patty in your hand, place a square of cream cheese in the middle, and form the potato mixture around it.
- Reform back into a patty.
- Put the bread crumbs into a shallow plate and press the patties on both sides into the crumbs.
- Refrigerate for an hour to give flavors a chance to marry.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a skillet. Fry on both sides until browned and crispy.