Potato Pancakes with Cheddar, Chives, and Cream Cheese in the Middle
These are cripsy on the outside, creamy and soft on the inside.
- 2 c
- mashed potatoes made with butter, milk salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped fresh chives, more if you like them
- 2/3 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 c
- 1 large
- 5 Tbsp
- cream cheese
- 2/3 c
- seasoned bread crumbs, we like italian
How to Make Potato Pancakes with Cheddar, Chives, and Cream Cheese in the Middle
- 1Mix together everything but the bread crumbs and cream cheese with a mixer.
- 2Cut the cream cheese into little squares, about a tablespoon a square.
- 3Take 1/4 or 1/5 of the mixture, form a patty in your hand, place a square of cream cheese in the middle, and form the potato mixture around it.
- 4Reform back into a patty.
- 5Put the bread crumbs into a shallow plate and press the patties on both sides into the crumbs.
- 6Refrigerate for an hour to give flavors a chance to marry.
- 7Heat 1 inch of oil in a skillet. Fry on both sides until browned and crispy.