- 2 large
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 lb
- russet potatoes ( 3 to 4)- ( peeled & halved)
- 2 medium
- onions, (quartered)
- 1/2 c
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil (little more if necessary)
- sour cream for serving ( dollops)
- 1 tsp
How to Make Potato Pancakes
- 1In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, 1 tsp.salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- 2Grate potatoes and onions in food processor (or instead you may grate them on the large holes of a box crater).
Add them to the bowl with the eggs and combine. Add the breadcrumbs and mix to combine.
- 3Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Gently drop 5 large spoonfuls of the potato mixture into the skillet (about 1/4 C. each). Spread out the mixture to create even pancakes and cook until browned. 4 to 5 minutes per side, tranfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining potato mixture, adding more oil to the skillet as necessary. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
- 4Note; switch it up: For a twist on he basic,fold in 1/4 cup chopped parsley.