2heaping cups prepared/leftover mashed potatoes
1 largeegg, well beaten
1/3 cchopped onion
1/4 tspdried parsley
2 tspvegetable oil, for frying
1/4 cvegetable oil, for frying
How to Make Potato Pancakes
- Place the mashed potatoes in a bowl and make a well in the center. Add the egg, onion, flour, salt, pepper and parsley and stir until well mixed.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Lightly spray a large soup spoon with cooking spray, then carefully drop heaping spoonfuls of the potato mixture into the hot oil, about 6 at a time. Avoid crowding.
- Fry until edges are browned, about 3 minutes. Turn over with a metal spatula. Fry 3 minutes or until golden.
- Remove with the spatula to paper towels to drain.
- Serve good and warm!
- You can serve these with a little maple syrup, or a little dollop of sour cream. (Kids may like to eat with a little ketchup.) I like mine just the way they are but with a little salt over top.