Potato Cauiflower Mash
You can make healthier by omitting the butter & cooking cream. Serve with a lil' EVOO if desired.
- 1 large
- head or cauliflower, cut into floweretts
- 3 large
- russett potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 " pieces
- 1/2 large
- yellow onion, cut in 1" cubes
- 4-6 clove
- garlic, peeled
- 1/4 c
- 1/3 c
- philly garlic herb cooking cream (optional)
- add milk to desired consistancy
- salt & pepper to taste (add other spices if you wish)
How to Make Potato Cauiflower Mash
- 1Cut up cauliflower, potatoes, and onion. Peel garlic. At this point you can either roast them in the oven @425 degrees until lightly browned and tender..or saute in a large skillet until lightly browned. You can ad a bit of water and cover with lid until tender. If it starts to stick before they are done add a little water and covr with a lid.
- 2Mash together with Philly cooking cream, milk, seasonings and a little more butter if desired. When it is the consistency you want serve as a side dish with butter, a drizzle of EVOO, gravy, or just plain. Enjoy!
- 3You can make this a healthier dish by using EVOO (olive oil) instead of butter, and evaporated skim milk or light 1/2 & 1/2 instead of the Philly cooking cream. If you do this, I would add a few fresh herbs to add flavor.