Potato- broccoli casserole
4-5 mediumbaking or other potato
1 bunchleftover broccoli bottoms with tops removed (i also used the leaves)
1/2 cleftover veggie (optional) (i used sour kraut)
2/3 csour cream
1 cmild cheddar cheese
1/8 cbutter (more or less) for dotting the top and caramelizing the onion.
How to Make Potato- broccoli casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut the ptoatoes into 4ths and remove skins and put in a pan of water. Cut any bottom from the broccoli that is tough and cut the stalks in half and add to the pot. Bring to a boil and continue until the potatoes are cooked. drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a small fry pan caramelize onions in 1 tablespoon butteradd garlic the last half of cooking.
- Cut the potatoes into small chunks and the broccoli into slices. Put in a mixing bowl and run a sharp knife throw it a few times to break up a little. Add the onion mixture. add the sour cream and cheese and mix well and put into a oblong baking dish. Dot with butter.
- Bake on 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes and bubbly. remove from stove and serve.