Potato- broccoli casserole
- 4-5 medium
- baking or other potato
- 1 bunch
- leftover broccoli bottoms with tops removed (i also used the leaves)
- 1 small
- 1 clove
- 1/2 c
- leftover veggie (optional) (i used sour kraut)
- 2/3 c
- sour cream
- 1 c
- mild cheddar cheese
- 1/8 c
- butter (more or less) for dotting the top and caramelizing the onion.
How to Make Potato- broccoli casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2Cut the ptoatoes into 4ths and remove skins and put in a pan of water. Cut any bottom from the broccoli that is tough and cut the stalks in half and add to the pot. Bring to a boil and continue until the potatoes are cooked. drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- 3In a small fry pan caramelize onions in 1 tablespoon butteradd garlic the last half of cooking.
- 4Cut the potatoes into small chunks and the broccoli into slices. Put in a mixing bowl and run a sharp knife throw it a few times to break up a little. Add the onion mixture. add the sour cream and cheese and mix well and put into a oblong baking dish. Dot with butter.
- 5Bake on 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes and bubbly. remove from stove and serve.