The red, white, and blue theme is always a big hit at the summer picnics. There are never leftovers and even the kids come back for more. This dish is also the perfect vegetarian option to grilled meat at a cookout.
- red potatoes
- white potatoes
- blue potatoes
- yellow onion
- red onion
- red peppers
- garlic cloves
- 1/8 c
- extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- fresh thyme (to taste)
- balsamic vinaigrette marinade (wishbone)
How to Make Patriot Potatoes
- 1Cut all veggies into bite-size chunks.
TIP: Walmart sells a bag of all three potatoes in one.
- 2Toss everything except the marinade to coat the veggies. Cover and let sit for 3 1/2 hours in the refrigerator.
- 3Bake veggie mix at 375 degrees F for approximately 30 minutes, flip the veggies; then, bake an additional 20 minutes. (For easier cleanup, line your baking sheet with aluminum foil.)
- 4Once veggies begin to caramelize, remove them from the oven.
- 5Drizzle marinade over the veggies.
- 6Let mixture stand for 1 minute, then serve.