Patata y tocino lucha de huevo aka...Potato, Bacon and Egg Scramble
Serve with Tortillas for the more Mexican feel or toast and no salsa for the gringos! :o)
I found this recipe in an old Betty Crocker cookbook. So all the credit goes to BC...but I tweaked it to make it my own! ;)
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- small red potatoes (6 or 7) cubed
- 6 large
- 1/3 c
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- butter or margarine
- 4 medium
- green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 5 slice
- bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
How to Make Patata y tocino lucha de huevo aka...Potato, Bacon and Egg Scramble
- 1Heat 1 inch water to boiling in 2 quart sauce pan, add potatoes, Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain. Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper with fork or wire whisk until mixed; set aside.
- 2Melt butter in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook potatoes in butter 3 to 5 minutes, turning potatoes occasionally, until light brown. Stir in onions. Cook 1 minute, Stirring constantly.
- 3Pour egg mixture into skillet. As mixture begins to set at bottom and side. gently lift cooked portions with spatula so that thin, uncooked portion can flow to bottom. Avoid constant stirring. Cook 3 to 4 minute or until eggs are thickened throughout but still moist. Sprinkle with bacon and if wanted cheese of your choosing!